Whether you're an athlete, coach, club, team, organisation, facility, volunteer or anything else that plays a role in the delivery of local sport there are a number of sport and physical activity funding options that are available to you.
Please use the information below to help you identify which scheme is right for you and follow the links for how to apply.
The 2018 Summer Activities Fund has a vision to fund activities throughout the Borough of Hinckley and Bosworth that:
- provide new activities or extend current provision
- offer activities for children aged between 5 – 11 year olds
- demonstrate attractive provision designed to stimulate and increase take up and sustain participation
- target children and young people that live in the Borough of Hinckley and Bosworth
- develop links to local clubs and organisations
- run in a safe and fun environment
- Demonstrating match funding would be advantageous
- Only one project will be funded per organisation
- Max 2 projects in any parish or ward area
- Previous successful applicants will be considered, however applications in 2018 must be for alternative activities and identical projects will not be considered
Backed for the future is a HBSHA scheme which offers athletes playing at county level or higher free membership to the Hinckley leisure centre. This includes free access to the swimming and gym facilities as well as any of the activity sessions on offer.
Go Gold Talented Athlete fund is a county wide programme. The scheme encourages athletes and coaches involved with county level sport or higher to apply for funding to support their development.
LRS Funding Finder
For more funding opportunities please see the Leicestershire and Rutland Sport Website http://www.lrsport.org/funding/ there you can use the funding finder http://www.lrsport.org/fundingfinder. This tool will help you to source current funding programmes that may help with any of your developments.
Please note that the list above is not an exhaustive list and highlights those options that the Hinckley and Bosworth Sport and Health Alliance have direct involvement for applications. Should you not find what you are looking for we are always available to offer guidance and support for any funding you are seeking to support the delivery and development of local sport and health projects.
Health and Recreation Manager
- 01455 255678