Coach Scholarship Scheme
As part of Hinckley & Bosworth Local Sport & Health Alliance (HBSHA) commitment to supporting local volunteers and coaches, we would like to offer support to local sports clubs who wish to develop their club and sporting opportunities for the local community through our Coach Scholarship Scheme. The Scheme offers local sports volunteers and coaches up to 50% off (Maximum £150) Level 1 and 2 National Governing Body Coach Education Qualifications in their chosen sport.
To be considered for a grant you must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must live within or be involved with a club in the Hinckley & Bosworth Borough.
- Applicants must be actively supporting sports programmes/clubs which benefit the Hinckley and Bosworth area.
- All applicants must provide a reference from a member of the Clubs Committee with their application.
- Applicants must be over 16 years of age (18 years or over if registering on a Level 2 course).
- Applicants should register with the LRS Coaching database at www.lrsport.org/lrscoaching
- Applicant should be willing to provide permission for their photograph and sports coach details to be used on both printed and web based publication in order to promote the work of the HBSHA.
- Applicants will be asked to reference the HBSHA Coach Scholarship Scheme during verbal or written press engagement or club updates where the topic of funding is covered.
Terms and Payments;
- Successful applicants are required to provide (a) proof of residency and (b) evidence of registration onto the coaching course, including cost details if possible.
- You will also be required to sign the Grant Acceptance Form. In signing this form, the applicant agrees to adhere to the above criteria. Hinckley and Bosworth Local Sport and Health Alliance reserve the right to reclaim all or part of the grant if these criteria are breached.
- The first 50% will be paid once these terms have been met.
- The remaining 50% will be awarded upon successful completion of the course and examination with a copy of the certificate shared with HBSHA.
- All payments will be made via cheque from the Hinckley and Bosworth Sport and Health Alliance.
Please Note that the coach scholarship scheme aims to provide grants to as many eligible applicants as funding allows. Individuals are only eligible to receive one coach scholarship grant in any one financial year, with clubs and organisations able to apply for a maximum of two scholarships per financial year (April 1st – March 31st).
Grants cannot be awarded retrospectively, all applications must be submitted and approved prior to the coach/volunteer attending the course.
To apply please download the attached application form and send it in to the address below. Full details of the guidelines and criteria are also located below.
There are no set deadlines for the receipt of applications. All applications will be assessed at the next Hinckley & Bosworth Local Sport Alliance meeting, which are usually scheduled bi-monthly.
Applicants will be informed of the LSA's decision regarding their application within 3 weeks of this meeting.
Completed applications should be sent to;
Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council