Physical Activity & Active Together
Active Together is a county wide programme across Leicestershire, that aims to encourage everyone to become more active more often.
There are Physical Activity Development Officers across Leicestershire (based at the Local Authorities) who are there to help you become more active. Each district offers a programme of regular activities. From walking, yoga, hooping and dance…to pilates, jogging, buggyfit and bowls…there is an activity that will suit everyone!
To find out how to become more active in Hinckley & Bosworth please see the navigation bar for groups we currently have running.
Physical Activity Guidelines - So how much exercise should we be doing?
The Department of Health have devised scientifically informed Physcial Activity Guidelines to help policy makers, health professionals and individuals to understand how to reduce the risk of ill health associated with inactivity and sedentary behaviours.
The Guidelines have been created specific to different life stages to inform individuals on how much physical activity they should be doing. Full guidelines are at the bottom of the page, but why not view the infographs below for more of a snapshot of the headline recommendations.
- Physical activity infographic (PDF, 496 Kb)
- CYP infographic (PDF, 86 Kb)
- Early Years (Under 5s) - For Infants Who Are Not Yet Walking (PDF, 506 Kb)
- Early Years (Under 5s) - For Children Who Are Capable Of Walking (PDF, 540 Kb)
- Children Young People (5-18 Years) (PDF, 554 Kb)
- Adults (19-64 Years) (PDF, 568 Kb)
- Older Adults (65) (PDF, 461 Kb)